Tuesday, July 30, 2013

When things get too heavy in the midst of insanity




  • This must be how Jeremiah felt when he had to seek out some staying power.  He was in the midst of  "a stiff-necked people" and he was feeling the weight of the day.  He called out to God:

    Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:

    And God called back to him:

    Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hardfor me?  (Jer. 32: 17, 27).



    As my daddy used to say, "It beez that way sometime."


    Well okay then!



    While I dwell on this travesty in a prayerful mood and a sadness in my heart as if Pfc Bradley Manning is my own child, I won't lament.  


    Instead:


    I will Trust in the Lord with all my heart, and I will not lean to my own understanding.  In all my ways I will acknowledge him, and he will direct my paths.  I will not be wise in my own eyes.  Instead I will fear the Lord and keep from evil. Therein is hidden health in my navel and the marrow of my bones.  So I will honor the Lord with all that I am and with all that I've got.  So be it.


    Now,

    "I feel better, so much better, since I laid my burdens down."



No comments:

Post a Comment